Does your organization want to be part of the Network?
The Franciscan Network for Migrants (RFM) is a people-centered network of organizations that provides and helps coordinate services to migrants and refugees. The organization that applies to be part of the RFM must meet some requirements that we detail below. Once the organization joins the network, it is included on our website and on the map (for internal use), along with the other organizations that provide accompaniment and protection to migrants.
- Direct relationships with those in charge of migrant houses, work groups and other programs for migrants in Central America, Mexico, and the United States.
- Technical advice and training in human rights, asylum / refuge, migration panorama, communications, project development, etc.
- Direct relationship with Franciscans International, the NGO to the United Nations of the Franciscan family.
- Visibility of your organization on our website and social networks.
Active participation and reciprocity
Participation in the RFM requires current involvement with immigrant and/or refugee work. For this reason, we ask you to provide information on how your organization supports and helps migrants. For example, if you belong to:
- Franciscan organizations (congregations, fraternities, movements) that provide direct services to migrants / refugees, educational activities, advocacy activities on migration and human rights.
- Local groups of the franciscan family that provide direct support to migrants / refugees (eg, parish groups, schools, universities) that provide direct services to migrants / refugees, educational activities, and / or advocacy activities on migration and human rights.
Integration into the RFM Coordination Team
Once the organization or local group joins the RFM, the participation of one (1) representative (facilitator) is required in our coordination team that meets every two months with an established annual agenda. The meetings are held in Spanish, so it is necessary for the representative to be able to communicate in Spanish to understand and collaborate in the meetings.
NOTE: Membership is open to the many expressions of Franciscan spirituality, including: Franciscans (OFMConv., OFMCap., OFM), Poor Clare Sisters, TORs (Franciscan Sisters, Brothers and Priests), Secular Franciscan Order, YouFra, Societies of Saint Francis, Anglican Franciscans and other groups of Franciscan hearted people.
Would you like to send us a message?
Where we are?
Via Santa Maria Mediatrice, 25
(00165) Roma, Italia